The Pepperdine Law Library welcomes new and returning students! As you settle into your classes, be sure to stop by and check out all the services we have to offer. These include:
- Free coffee! (Bring your own mug, or purchase one for $5)
- Study room reservations
- Discount movie tickets
- Course reserves
- DVDs, Blu-rays, and video games
- Study aids (print & online)
- Research help
- An online exam archive
We also check out much more than just books! Continue reading
Welcome to law school from the Law Library Reference Team! We look forward to seeing you in the Law Library. The Law Library is located on all three floors of the law school, with the main entrance located on the second floor. The Reference Office, Public Services Desk, and Information Services (IS) support desk, along with most of the materials you will need as a first-year student, are located on the second floor.
We have a LawGuide that includes useful law school survival resources as well as tips for places to study and places to take a break from studying:
New Student Guide: http://lawguides.pepperdine.edu/firstyearlawschool.
Some other LawGuides that you will find useful as first-year law students are:
- Using the Law Library: The Law Library provides services for circulation, technology support, reference assistance, and special events. In this guide, you will find basic information on the Law Library’s policies and services: http://lawguides.pepperdine.edu/usethelibrary
- How to Find Books and Articles: The classes you take at the Law School or at the Straus Institute are likely to involve writing a research paper or a similar assignment. This guide is designed to help you find the books and articles you’ll need to complete your assignment: http://lawguides.pepperdine.edu/findingbooksandarticles
- Directions and Maps: This guide contains campus and library maps, and parking information: http://lawguides.pepperdine.edu/directions
Best wishes for your Law School Career!