Travel and accommodations are paid for semi-finalists. $5,000 total in cash prizes will be awarded.
This outstanding competition is open to minority law students interested in the practice of media law.
• Open to current 1Ls and 2Ls who are members of a national or local minority law student organization; there is no requirement to be on a law school’s moot court board
• There is no fee to apply
• Every student who advances to the quarter-final round will be paired with a practicing media law attorney for MENTORING during the competition and career advice
• All semi-finalists receive round-trip transportation, hotel for 4 nights, and complimentary registration to attend the Forum on Communications Law 23rd Annual Conference
• During the Annual Conference, there will be numerous opportunities to network with prominent practicing media law attorneys and judges and to attend media law seminars
• Semi-finalists’ résumés will be distributed to all Annual Conference attendees
• Each member of the winning team will receive $750.00
• Each member of the team with the highest brief score will receive $1,000.00
• The finalist with the highest score for the final round of oral argument will receive $1,500.00
Apply individually or as a team; team members may attend the same or different law schools. Each person must submit a résumé, a short writing sample and a 500 word response to a media law hypothetical posed in the application.
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2017. All entrants will be notified whether they advance by Friday, June 23, 2017.
For more information and official Competition Rules, visit the www.americanbar.org