January 17, 2017 | By Alexa Brown — Professor Paul Caron been named the third-most influential person in legal education by The National Jurist (January 2017 issue). The National Jurist has been maintaining this list for the past five years, and Caron has made the list for the past three years: #6 in 2014, and #3 in both 2015 and 2016. The results are surveyed from all law school deans, as well as one faculty member per law school.
The top influencers surrounding Caron are as follows:
- #1 Erwin Chemerinsky (Dean, UC-Irvine)
- #2 Kellye Testy (Dean, University of Washington; 2016 AALS President)
- #4 William Henderson (Professor, Indiana)
- #5 Brian Leiter (Professor, Chicago)
- #6 Blake Morant (Dean, George Washington; 2015 AALS President)
- #7 Eugene Volokh (Professor, UCLA)
In 2014, The National Jurist wrote, “Caron, one of the leading tax scholars in the nation, makes the list for the first time thanks in part to the power of blogging, which has become a hot mechanism for debate and information sharing in the legal community.”
You can read Caron’s blog, TaxProf Blog, here.