by Jay Milbrandt (JD/MBA ’08),
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)
Live From Thailand: An Adventure in Human Rights will begin posting on Friday, September 26. Please join me as I document my 10 day trip to the Mekong subregion of Northern Thailand. I will be blogging, posting photos, and posting video in realtime, so I invite you to check this website frequently and please comment.
More than one year ago, through a Pepperdine Law internship placement, I served an organization combatting human trafficking in Thailand. Since then, not a day goes by that I haven’t wanted to be back there. Even with an ocean in the way, I continued to invest in a group of “stateless” street children–starting a non-profit to provide legal aid and education. I’m excited to see the fruits of that labor and share this adventure with a wider audience.
Over the course of this trip, some of the highlights will be:
– Searching for Faifah, a young girl whose mother attempted to traffic her
– Documenting human rights abuses to defend “stateless” children
– Pouring out love on street kids every day
– Funding a small microfinance project with a group of hill tribe members
– Exploring a conceptual legal aid clinic within the Burmese refugee camps
– Visiting partner organizations about possible internship placements
Check back on the 26th!